Gastroenterology Treatments in Israel
Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterology in Israel widely applies video endoscopic techniques, which enable specialists at Herzliya Medical Center to perform diagnostic procedures and minimally invasive interventions on the organs of the digestive system.
Video endoscopy is an endoscopic technique enabling the study of internal organs by an optical instrument. The endoscope is a flexible thin tube equipped with a miniature video camera that transmits images to a monitor mounted in the treatment room.
The endoscope penetrates natural orifices of the body, via either the mouth or anus, the endoscope is then gently follows through the upper or lower gastrointestinal passage. The specialist is able to make an immediate inspection and identify suspicious areas (tumors, ulcers, inflammatory lesions). Simultaneously, the specialist can perform several manipulations, for example, removing polyps from the intestine or a biopsy.
Why Choose HMC for Gastroenterology
Herzliya Medical Center uses the latest video endoscopic technique, which allows efficient visual diagnosis of various pathological conditions at the earliest possible stage.
Many serious diseases, in the early stages have little or no clinical signs, such as malignant tumors of the large intestine. Medical specialists in the field of gastroenterology in Israel highly recommend the wider population to undergo regular preventive screening of the gastrointestinal tract due to an optimistic prognosis if a malignancy is treated early.
Varied and multi-faceted gastroenterology treatments in Israel take place at the Gastroenterology Department of Herzliya Medical Center. The following services are available:
- Consultations with top Israeli specialists in gastroenterology
- Early diagnosis of cancer of the large intestine, conducted with a colonoscopy
- Diagnosis of the cause of anemia and chronic intestinal bleeding
- Resection of tumors and polyps in the colon, tumor biopsy
- Treatment of chronic digestive disorders (constipation and diarrhea), irritable bowel syndrome
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diseases of the stomach and esophagus - swallowing problems, stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers, H. pylori infection
- Diagnostic tests and treatment in diseases of the liver, pancreas, and biliary tract
- Diagnostics and treatments of ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
- Hemorrhoids treatment on an outpatient basis
Herzliya Medical Center proudly boasts gastroenterology specialists that have extensive experience in the treatment of numerous, complex conditions relating to gastroenterology and hepatology.