Neurosurgery in Israel
Neurosurgery in Israel specializes in the surgical treatment of pathologies of the central nervous system (CNS). The delicate nature of treating diseases of the CNS require qualified, specialized neurosurgeons, integrated with cutting-edge medical technology, all aimed for the patient’s full recuperation.
Why Choose HMC for Neurosurgery
Herzliya Medical Center, private hospital applies the most innovative technology and treatment approach, which significantly increases the effectiveness and surgical safety in interventions of numerous conditions.
In the field of neurosurgery, HMC has successfully performed various multi-faceted surgeries on the brain and spinal cord. Due to the high level of professionalism in neurosurgery in Israel and the use of advanced technologies, nowadays specialists have the ability to assist patients that were considered incurable in the past.
Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery at HMC
Minimally invasive robotic methods have replaced conventional surgery. Sophisticated systems of navigation and intraoperative imaging assist neurosurgeons to navigate within the surgical site and with the utmost precision. Endovascular and microsurgical instruments, perfect optical systems, such as intraoperative microscopes, all allow surgeons to perform the necessary manipulations very delicately and carefully. Thus, the risk of damaging critical structures of the brain or spinal cord is minimal.
List of all procedures:
Neurosurgery Department Specialization at HMC:
- Correction of congenital and acquired deformities of the spinal column
- Surgical treatment of intervertebral hernia, spinal stenosis, nerve root compression
- Surgical treatment of spinal instability
- Surgical treatment of tumors - using stereotactic spinal radiosurgery
- Spinal decompression surgery – relieve pressure on the spine and/ or nerve roots
- Radiofrequency ablation – to reduce chronic pain
- Neuro-oncology - treatment of malignant CNS tumors
- Radiosurgery of benign and malignant brain tumors
- Angioplasty of cerebral vessels, treatment of arterial aneurysms
- Care of patients with traumatic brain injury
- Treatment of nasal liquorrhea (excess discharge of secretions)
- Treatment of gliomas
- Functional neurosurgery - treatment of spasticity (involuntary muscular movement), Parkinson's disease, cerebral palsy, severe epilepsy and more
Herzliya Medical Center collaborates with leading experts in the field of neurosurgery in Israel. The specialists’ professional qualification and the use of advanced techniques achieve excellent results in neurosurgery. These effective strategies for treatment in Israel significantly minimize the risks associated with neurosurgery, as well as delivering a patient’s speedy rehabilitation.
Disorders of the central nervous system are one of the most serious pathological body states to occur in the human body. However, neurosurgical procedures in Israel have provided effective, practical tools to assist patients. Over the years, at Herzliya Medical Center, the successful collaboration and high degree of professionalism among neurosurgeons has resulted in thousands of patients having regained their restorative health and return to normal life. Neurosurgeons at HMC are dedicated in continuing to deliver paramount care and treatment to all of their patients.